The Old Saint Paul’s Archives
The Old Saint Paul’s archives reflect our long history of worship, social care and structural development.
Extensive written records of baptisms, confirmations, marriages and burials exist from 1735 onwards and there are other minute, seat rental and account ledgers, congregational rolls, and service and offertory records from the late 18th century.
An annotated catalogue of all this material has been prepared which shows details of the date ranges and contents of each book.
Photographs of the church, clergy and events at OSP cover the late 19th century, from 1895 to the present, and show the rich diversity of worship and social events that haven taken place here.
Many social outreach programmes are well illustrated, and in particular, the ‘Saint Saviour’s Child Garden’ project, which took place from 1906 to1977.
Plans of the various structural modifications to the church show how its architecture has developed over the past 125 years. Many of the fixtures and fittings in the church have been photographed and documented, putting them in the historical context of major gifts to the church.