The Property committee’s task is to keep the church and the rectory in good order. This can be challenging as our buildings need constant maintenance and frequent repair.
Our work involves
- monitoring the state of the buildings
- making sure regular inspections are carried out
- planning and budgeting for whatever work is needed, and getting estimates for the Vestry to approve
- doing a lot of the smaller jobs ourselves to keep costs down
- reporting to the Vestry.
The committee is made up of members of the Vestry and the congregation. The Convenor is usually a member of the Vestry, and she or he reports to the Vestry on property matters.
How you can join in
Most of the time the committee can keep on top of it all. Sometimes we need help. Could you help us? Tasks can include things like
- changing light bulbs
- getting competitive quotes
- liaising with the Church Office about arranging access for contractors.
If you can help, or would like to know more, you can contact us.