This year during the festival season at Old Saint Paul’s there will be
- Festival Masses
- a concert series.
All four Sundays at OSP are Festival Masses. The services will include three guest preachers, with the fourth our own David Todd.
- Sunday 4 August – Very Rev Michael Sadgrove, Dean Emeritus of Durham, and author of several books.
- Sunday 11 August – David Todd, Theatre Chaplain in Edinburgh.
- Sunday 18 August – Rev Canon Dr Marion Chatterley, Chaplain of Marie Curie Hospice.
- Sunday 25 August – Rev Canon Dr Anne Tomlinson, Principal of the Scottish Episcopal Institute.
This year we will be hosting a concert series by musicians from Old Saint Paul’s ‘Music at 8pm’ and the Russian String Orchestra. Concerts will begin at 8pm, with doors opening at 7:30pm.
Music at 8pm
The Music at 8pm concerts are:
- Wednesday 7 August – Peter and the Wolf; Hansel and Gretel, performed by Sirocco Winds.
- Wednesday 14 August – The Solitary Reaper, performed by Sally Carr, soprano, Calum Robertson, clarinet and Anna Michels, piano.
- Wednesday 21 August – Unaccompanied voices in harmony, performed by the Rudsambee Singers.
- Thursday 22 August – The wounds, performed by John Kitchen, Director of Music, Calum Robertson, Assistant Director of Music and solo clarinet, Sally Carr, cello, Paul Jourdan, violin, Old Saint Paul’s Choir with Richard Holloway, speaker.
Russian String Orchestra
The Russian String Orchestra will perform 9-10, 15-17 and 23-24 August.