We are delighted to be able to open our church again for public worship with the Bishop’s permission, and the first Sunday Mass will be at 10.30am on Sunday 9 August. There are a few preparations to be made before then and you will find some things a little different, but I am sure that many of us are very much looking forward to being together again. Here are some of the main things you will need to know if you intend to join us on the 9th or subsequent Sundays:
Before you arrive
- Our numbers are limited by government advice to 50 including the necessary welcomers, readers and so on. We would be grateful if you could indicate your intention to attend by filling in the Eventbrite form for any Sunday you may wish to attend. For the first week, you can register between 9am on Thursday and 3pm on Friday.
- If you don’t have access to the internet, you can let us know you are coming by phoning the Rector on 07967411884. Additionally, we will keep a few spaces for people who turn up unexpectedly.
- We are advised to take contact details for those attending, which we will do through the Eventbrite form or a paper list for those who phone or turn up. This is so we can let people know if anyone attending has had a positive test for the coronavirus. We will destroy this information after 21 days.
- If you have a smartphone or tablet, please download the liturgy for the day by visiting our Online Resources page. If this is not possible, we will provide you with a printed booklet.
- In line with new guidance from the College of Bishops, please bring a mask or other face-covering to wear in church.
Giving to Old St Paul’s
- We would encourage you to give by standing order if possible.
- If you would like to make a donation in church, please use the contactless device at the back either before or after mass.
- If you would prefer to make a cash donation, please place it in the wall safe.
When you enter the church
- You will be greeted at the door and asked to clean your hands.
- You will be shown where you may sit following the one-way system.
- You may sit with any other members of your household. If you have come on your own, there will be two available seats on each side of alternate rows.
During the Mass
- Please participate in the usual way!
- However, congregational singing is not currently permitted.
- For Holy Communion, please approach the celebrant as directed, cleaning your hands on the way, removing your mask and keeping 2m distance from others where possible.
- Please receive the Host in your hands without touching the priest’s hand then step aside to consume it.
- Please clean your hands after communion, before putting your mask or face-covering back on.
- If you have used a printed service booklet, please leave it on your seat for collection later.
- Please leave the building as directed, observing 2m distance from others where possible.
- We are not currently allowed to offer refreshments after mass, so you may wish to bring a bottle of water.
- There will be limited access to toilets.
You can register your intention to attend using Eventbrite. Registration will be open in the first instance from 9am on Thursday until 3pm on Friday.
Services will still be broadcasted live from Old Saint Paul’s on our YouTube channel and via the Online Resources page.