This vacancy is now closed.
This historic church is situated in the centre of Scotland’s capital city. We are a thriving congregation in the Anglo-Catholic tradition, where diversity and equality are valued.
We are looking for a Rector who will
- inspire, inform and guide people on their spiritual journey
- sustain and further our commitment to inclusiveness in all aspects of the church’s life
- provide compassionate pastoral support, especially to the weak and vulnerable
- foster lay leadership and engage in consensual decision-making
- value the integration of liturgy and music which characterises our worship
- lead us in the development of our social outreach to a varied local community.
We can offer
- a lively, humorous, friendly congregation, with a good gender and age balance
- a hard-working Vestry and experienced lay leadership with a range of skills
- ambitious plans for the future with respect to our buildings, arts programmes and community outreach.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Record Disclosure (Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007). This is a full-time position. Remuneration is the Scottish Episcopal Church Clergy Standard Stipend.
Closing date: Monday 13 May 2019
Interview date: Saturday 6 July 2019
For more information or an informal discussion please contact The Very Reverend Frances Burberry (Dean of Edinburgh) on 0131 315 0404 or email email@example.com