Old Saint Paul’s Church is located in Edinburgh’s Old Town, part of a vibrant community encompassing Waverley Station, hotels, small businesses, galleries, restaurants, pubs and schools. It is home to a wide spectrum of Edinburgh’s people, including many university students.
Members of Old Saint Paul’s will engage more closely with our local community, in particular aiming to address pockets of real need around us: food poverty, homelessness, need within congregation, invisible challenges such as mental health.
We plan to:
- Offer a space and stillness for those who live, work, study and visit our city.
- Ensure our services are welcoming to all.
- Support the well-being and mental health of people in our community.
- Further develop our engagement with the arts.
- Work with local partners on environmental issues.
- Offer food, warmth and social interaction through weekly Community Lunches.
- Develop initiatives with local partners in the Old Town, such as The Crannie Pantry, and in the wider city, such as St Salvador's Community Food Initiative.
- Increase engagement with our growing online community.
How can you help?
- Volunteer and offer to help.
- Fundraise and organise events for the church and partner charities.
- Donate money regularly if you can.
- Leave a legacy.
- Contribute to our food-bank donations.
- Follow us on social media.
- Tell people about Old Saint Paul’s.