Old Saint Paul's is a large church in the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town, with members gathered from across Edinburgh and beyond. We are
- inclusive and welcoming
- committed to social justice
- progressive in our approach to faith
- known for our Anglo-Catholic worship style, which is integrated with a rich musical life
- supported by a team of dedicated volunteers who keep the church thriving.
Becoming a Member and Joining the Congregation
To become a member of Old Saint Paul's, you can do the following:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- One of the clergy team will be in touch to welcome you to Old Saint Paul's, describe who we are and answer any questions that you have. This meeting is entirely voluntary and can be held in person or online.
- Let us know how you would like to engage with us, including:
- Becoming a member of the congregational roll. By becoming a member of Old Saint Paul's, your name and contact details are added to the congregational roll. We use this to send information about special services and other activities.
- Signing up for our White Rose e-Magazine. This is a members-only newsletter sent monthly by email.
Either complete this form online or download it. Hardcopies are also available in the church. The form can be emailed, posted to the address on the form or handed to a member of the welcoming team at services.
Life as a Member of Old Saint Paul's
As you settle in to Old Saint Paul's, you may wish to become involved as a volunteer. There are many possibilities for becoming a member of the teams that help to run the church. This includes the:
- Welcoming team who greet members of the congregation at Mass and Evensong and Benediction on Sundays
- Serving team who carry out liturgical roles during our services
- Coffee team who make and serve tea and coffee in the church hall after Mass
- Streaming team who broadcast our services to a growing online community
- And many more! A list of Committees, teams and groups is available on the Belonging section of our website. Please speak to a member of the clergy or welcoming team or email email@example.com if you would like to become involved.
Financial Donations to Old Saint Paul's
Unlike churches in England, Scottish Episcopal churches rely entirely on their congregations for financial support, including clergy salaries, maintenance of the church building, printing costs and activities within the local community. It costs around £200,000 per year to run Old Saint Paul's and regular giving where possible is an important feature of membership, If you are not sure how much to donate, please speak to our Stewardship Coordinator (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
There are several ways in which you can commit to regular financial giving:
- set up a standing order. We have forms in the church, but if you use e-banking, you can set up and maintain a standing order online. Account details are here: https://www.osp.org.uk/belonging/giving/give-regularly/
- use your employer's payroll giving scheme
- set aside money each week to place in the collection. Cash and card payments are both possible.
You can also make one-off donations here: https://www.osp.org.uk/belonging/giving/one-off-donation/. You may also wish to consider leaving a legacy: https://www.osp.org.uk/belonging/giving/leave-a-legacy/.
Please remember to fill out a GiftAid form when you make a donation.